Sonlight Children’s Ministry at Calvary Community Church is committed to ministering to children in effective ways that connect their hearts to the heart of God. At CCC we provide the means for children to connect with God through a variety of programs.
If you feel you have something you can bring to the Children's Ministry and would like to volunteer, please read over the information below then contact our Children's Ministry director, Marilyn Kaz by clicking here!
CCC Summer Children's Program Coordinator
This person will help support Calvary Community Church Children's Ministry by working with the director to plan, organize, and implement children's programs including the Church Picnic, Sunday morning ministry and at least two week long day camps.
- have an active relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- have a desire to see children grow in their knowledge of and relationships with Jesus Christ
- be able to work independently and as part of a team
- be able to supervise and direct volunteers
- be enrolled in a post-secondary education program
- pass a background check
- to participate in the leading of Sunday morning Children's ministry programs
- to assist with the administrative responsibilities associated with a children's ministry program
- to help plan, prepare, and participate in leading the children's activities for the Church Picnic
- to help plan prepare, and participate in the leading of the children's day camps, taking responsibility...
Click here to read more.
Preschool helper - twice a month
Check-in desk - 5th Sundays only.
Gr. 1/2 teacher - once a month
Gr. 1/2 helper - twice a month
Gr. 3/4 helper - three times a month
Son Shine helper - twice a month
*Our summer service schedule begins May 21st! We'll be meeting at 10 am for one service, then having a snack time and fellowship time at 11:30 am.
Weekly Service Opportunities
SonRise ministers to children from Birth to approximately 24 months.
SonShine ministers to 2 and 3 year old children.
Sonbeams ministers to 4 and 5 year old children.
Solar Jam ministers to children in grades 1 to 6. At the 9:00 service the children meet as one large group. At the 11:00 service the group is usually divided into a grade 1 group, a grade 2 group, a grade 3-4 group and a grade 5-6group.
Check-In ministers to the families as they arrive and leave the Sunday morning gathering.
Support ministers through the preparation and care of materials for the Sunday morning gatherings.
Summer Service are people who serve Sunday mornings in July and August in order to allow our regular volunteers the opportunity to rest and renew themselves. We strongly encourage parents to participate in this.
Summer Camps minister to a wide variety of children from preschool to grade 6 for a week in the summer.
Celebration/Outreach Events are stand alone times of ministry like the Church Picnic, the Fall Kick-Off, the Spring Carnival, the Family Fall Festival.